Liberty Pencil Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philkessling

I made my first 2 Liberty kits over the weekend: 1 pen and 1 pencil. The pencil kit is for my wife but has a problem. The lead advances when you turn the end cap but presses back into the nib housing when you try to write with it. Any ideas?
Also, if you purchase the kits from Woodcraft, there is a mistake in the assembly instructions. The mechanism and the clip housing are packaged as separate parts but shown as a single part in the instructions. I mistakenly thought they were press fit parts and ruined 2 kits by pressing the parts together. The mechanism actually screws into the clip assembly.
Very nice kits!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Thanks for the heads up. I am just about ready to make a Liberty pen and pencil set dressed in a laser cut blank as a gift for my daughter. I would hate to have ruined one of these while assembling.

Crashmph

The pencil mechanism works like the cigar mechanism. If you twist left or right it will advance the lead, and/or allow you to retract the lead. Return the finial cap to center and it will "lock" the lead in place.

As for the botched instructions, you should be able to return them to your local WC for a refund/exchange. Explain your case with the instructions not being clear and you should be good to go.

I would call their customer service number, they are great and have very good customer service. I have not found the stores to be good at all for customer service.

philkessling

Thanks for the help. I knew that twisting left and right progressed the lead. Did not know that it had to be returned to center to "lock" it. It works fine now.
Also, sent an email to Woodcraft and they are sending out 2 replacement kits. That is great service.

Top Bottom