Lettering on pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

orangecobalt

I have a possible order for 100-200 slimline pens but the thing is they want some lettering on them. Is there a cheap effeicient way of doing this? I have heard of laser engraving but sounds a little over the top for $10-$15 pens. Anyone have any ideas? I thought about the pen clip but it it is to much wording to fit, they are looking to get Company name, address and phone number.

I was thinking of getting stickers made up and sticking them on then coat it over with the ca glue maybe? Any suggestiions greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

laserturner

$10-$15 per pen for a 100-200 pen order sounds really high. Even in Canada! Approx. $3 per pen for that quantity would be the going rate
in the US. Might want to check with Customs to see about duties though.

orangecobalt

That is not what I am charging the customer, just saying it is a $10 pen pretty much. Looks like you laser engrave pens. Any idea if it would be plausable to for you to engrave my pens in the or would the shipping an such to canada make it not worth it?

What would be the going rate on engraving 2 lines an say 200 pens anyway?

Marc Phillips

I have recently started using wet slide decals....

SeaSchoolJrBill.jpg

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Check out Ken Nelson's (laserturner) website. His prices are listed there. That seems to me to be the simplest way to get the information desired on the pens. Ken's charges and the postal expenses are simply added to the total price of your order.

MarkHix

My local engraver charges me $3/line. I don't know if it is high or not. Seems like you will need to get more for engraving the pens or a really good deal on parts.

alamocdc

My local engraver is a bit higher than Ken, but I save on postage and get a quality product. But if I was only going to charge $10 - $15 per pen, I'd order them preturned, assembled and finished. You can get them readily for about $1 more than we pay for the kit and there is no time and other expended materials cost. JMO, James, but I think you are selling your time and materials short at that price.

arioux

Hi James,

I have my pen engrave here in Montreal. I pay $6. when a have a single pen but prices go down to $3. on 20 or more.
Sending them to the US in this quantity is looking for custom trouble unless you have a commercial import/export licence. Pen parts don't have duty fees but finished one are in the same categories as jewels and are charge duty fees, both ways!!!. Don't ask how i know it:(

Alfred

Top Bottom