Lettering

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

I am wondering who does lettering. I'm guessing it is laser cut? My employer wants a pen with the company colors, green and white and the name of the company and his name too on the pen. That's a tall order no doubt! Makes me think of the stars and stripes pens. I'm curious who I can get together with for assistance on a project like that? I do not know what style of pen kit he would want yet, but I'm working on that and putting all the pieces together so it can be built and so I can quote him a price.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasper

I did a three color inlay with a laser. There may be better solutions, but what I did was.
1. Turn down to just a little oversized, rough sand.

Chasper

I did a three color inlay with a laser. There may be better solutions, but what I did was.
1. Turn down to just a little oversized, rough sand.
2. Remove from mandrel, do not assemble yet
3. Laser in areas for first color, return to mandrel and fill/turn/sand to smooth and remove from mandrel
4. Laser in areas for second color, return to mandrel and fill/turn/sand to smooth and remove from mandrel
5. Laser in areas for third color, return to mandrel and fill/turn/sand and complete finishing, I used CA.
6. Assemble

laserturner

Hi Jeff, I'm the guy that does the Stars and Stripes Inlay pens. If your boss just wants the 2 colors green and white not in any specific shape or pattern you could simply glue up the 2 colors in a blank, turn the pen and then get the name engraved on it. If you need the colors to be specific shapes you'd probably have to go the laser inlay route.
E-mail me if you need some prices for this kind of stuff.
Ken

workinforwood

Thanks Ken, that is exactly what I will do. You engrave the persons name on the top of the cap, like on a statesman pen? Like...I mean directly on the top, or perhaps it's around the edge of the cap or the center band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom