Let's talk Teacher's Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

I really love the idea of a double-ended pen. So does my teaching wife. Does anybody offer them in something other than crap...errr... 24k gold?

I may end up using two rhodium slims to make my own design, but I would like to make my life easier for these since they'll (initially) be giveaways.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Don, a word of caution....I was gonna be smart several years back and make some out of other platings. I had some extra Black Ti kits nibs and a bunch of chrome centerbands so I put one together and guess what?
went to twist the refill out and it won't come through the nib...seems the teachers pens refills have a larger diameter than the regular cross refills. Now bear in mind this was when I was a relative newbie and I didn't own calipers and have not tried that since but you could always measure one and if smaller ream out the inside of the nib. I use both the chrome and crap...er 24 kt gold ....but I telll my customers that it's NOT like my other platings and most of the time they're ok with that ...or the choose chrome. BTW Ryan at Woodturningz has both platings and is cheaper ....and much faster shipping than PSI

sbell111

Don, a word of caution....I was gonna be smart several years back and make some out of other platings. I had some extra Black Ti kits nibs and a bunch of chrome centerbands so I put one together and guess what?
went to twist the refill out and it won't come through the nib...seems the teachers pens refills have a larger diameter than the regular cross refills. Now bear in mind this was when I was a relative newbie and I didn't own calipers and have not tried that since but you could always measure one and if smaller ream out the inside of the nib. I use both the chrome and crap...er 24 kt gold ....but I telll my customers that it's NOT like my other platings and most of the time they're ok with that ...or the choose chrome. BTW Ryan at Woodturningz has both platings and is cheaper ....and much faster shipping than PSI
We make them in other platings and as comfort-style (using spare nibs and center bands). We do have to ream out the nibs somewhat, but that's no big deal.

I much prefer the fatter 'comfort-style' to the slims.

Chasper

Teacher pens = twice the work for half the selling price. . . but they do sell pretty well.

We sold a teacher pen to a teacher last year, but she wanted black on both ends because her school discourages using red ink. We switched ends with an identical pen so the turnings and ink on both ends were black and she was happy. Then another teacher came by and found the remaining pen with the red turning and red ink on both ends and she bought it because she only used red ink.

They also sell if they are the same color from end to end, pink and purple especially.

Top Bottom