Lets Petition a kit! G2 pilot clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
we need a solid clicker, with metal internals:):)
just keep this thread going until a supplier makes one! :biggrin:

But, can we guarantee that metal internals will last longer or work more reliably?
There are applications where plastic will wear better than metal - is this one of them?

I don't really know, but I do know that I have owned 59 cent promotional click ballpoints that were all plastic that just worked and worked and worked.

ZanderPommo

But, can we guarantee that metal internals will last longer or work more reliably?
There are applications where plastic will wear better than metal - is this one of them?

I don't really know, but I do know that I have owned 59 cent promotional click ballpoints that were all plastic that just worked and worked and worked.

I think most would agree that plastic on plastic isnt as big of a problem as metal on plastic, which is what exists in a long clicker. I think metal internals would wear much better, but thats just my .02

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

I think most would agree that plastic on plastic isnt as big of a problem as metal on plastic, which is what exists in a long clicker. I think metal internals would wear much better, but thats just my .02

They might or might not, all plastic might wear better. The material is only one factor.

If the click mechanisms in current design are breaking frequently (and I have no idea whether or not they are) then perhaps either all metal or all plastic would improve that.

But a good click design, using the right material (be it plastic or metal) should not break or wear out in a normal lifetime.

The only real stress is being absorbed by the springs and they should be the only part that will fail very often. Springs do have a "life" of compression and expansion that does cause metal fatigue and they will eventually fail.

ZanderPommo

agreed, so a solid mech is needed. a g2 pilot and long clicker are very close in length, the g2 being the shorter, i dont see why they couldnt make a clicker without it being unwieldy

They might or might not, all plastic might wear better. The material is only one factor.

If the click mechanisms in current design are breaking frequently (and I have no idea whether or not they are) then perhaps either all metal or all plastic would improve that.

But a good click design, using the right material (be it plastic or metal) should not break or wear out in a normal lifetime.

The only real stress is being absorbed by the springs and they should be the only part that will fail very often. Springs do have a "life" of compression and expansion that does cause metal fatigue and they will eventually fail.

Top Bottom