legacy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

BUGSY

in another part of our forum ,they showed a picture of a machine called a legacy..it cuts a rope like finish with a router...where can you get this machine? thanks for any info that you can tell me..bugsy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Do a Google search for "Legacy Mill" and see what you find. Be prepared for the cost as it not a cheap device. I might also recommend that you either find someone that has one and go pay them a visit, and/or, go to one of the larger wood shows and try to see one there. The last wood show here in Atlanta last year had a hugh Legacy booth setup and they were always full with no seats left for those that arrived 'late.' It was that way all three days of the show.

The Legacy website might also list the show dates and locations throughout the U.S. Hopefully one will be near your hometown.

its_virgil

http://www.legacywoodworking.com
The rope twist does take a special router bit and it is not an off the shelf bit...except from Legacy or from the company that makes router bits for Legacy. Magnate is the router bit company.
www.magnate.net

Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

The Legacy 200 is a discontinued model, if you can find one at a discount, it is a pretty good machine for the money. It has limitations compared to the larger models, but will make a nice pen for the investment. Don't believe everything you read on the Legacy web site. It shows pens on there and they say were made with the larger more expensive machines, when in fact, every pen I have on their web site was made with the cheapest model 200.

Ligget

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />The Legacy 200 is a discontinued model, if you can find one at a discount, it is a pretty good machine for the money. It has limitations compared to the larger models, but will make a nice pen for the investment. Don't believe everything you read on the Legacy web site. It shows pens on there and they say were made with the larger more expensive machines, when in fact, every pen I have on their web site was made with the cheapest model 200.

And if you find a 200, beware of all the unfinished metal edges that rip parts of your skin off very easily.[:(]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I reckon you should save yourself loads of money and build one to take your own router. All you need to buy is a compound table. If you can make a spiral jig like mine ( in my album ) you're away. There is very little you can't do with it. But then I love building things anyway[:I]

Mikey

Holy cow. I looked at your photo album and it would be cheaper for me to buy the new Legacy REVO crafter than to make the setup that you have. ~$900 [:(] (not even including buying a metal lathe)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Mikey
<br />Holy cow. I looked at your photo album and it would be cheaper for me to buy the new Legacy REVO crafter than to make the setup that you have. ~$900 [:(] (not even including buying a metal lathe)

You can't be serious Mikey. The lathe is a cheap wood lathe. The table cost about £60 and the spiral attachment I made from MDF. The router I already had, but they can be picked up for about £20.
The table is by far one of my best investments. You can bolt ANYTHING to it. [:D]

Mikey

Actually, I was serious. You have any idea how much I cost myself? I start out doing a $20 project and $300 later it is almost complete.[:(] That lathe looked like a metal lathe to me, possibly because of the chuck and the appearance of it having the bed and tubes which the tooling rides across.

Maybe when my kids turn 18 I will have time, but for now, the time is more valuable than the $$ is. (sad to say that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom