lee valley

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

almer

Has anyone noticed lee valley is now carrying some more high end kits,cambridge,baron,el toro,two-toned sierra,click sierra in the good finishes,the prices are maybe a little high but we have a store in Calgary.They used to ship for free if they didnt have in stock but last time i was there they would only bring to the store free,if i wanted it shipped to my house i pay shipping

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I am assuming they can sell the Baron, under that name, because they are in Canada or did Berea finally release it so that anyone can sell it (under the Baron name)?

Note: Not trying to start a flaming war on this just thought it was interesting.

Spats139

A price comparison for my fellow Canucks (and others)

I did a quick comparison of the Lee Valley prices, to the prices of other Canadian and American suppliers I have used in the past three months. Although Lee Valley doesn't carry all the finishes we might like, the ones they do have are less expensive in most cases - in my location at least.

The table in the attached file (if the attachment worked) shows the prices (CDN) I would pay (or have paid), including all taxes (5% GST and BC's 7% PST), exchange rates, and shipping, as applicable. The top line is for one kit, and the bottom line is per kit with a 10+ discount.

The Lee Valley price doesn't include the cost of the ten minute drive to the store, but not having to wait a week or more for delivery is worth something. For that matter, it doesn't include the costs of the other stuff I'll probably end up buying while I'm there either!

Attachments

• Pen Kit Supplier Price Comparisons.pdf
    12.7 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

bradh

There are reports on the forums here how some low cost slim line kits are now using made-in-China transmissions. These China parts are not at the same quality as the Taiwan parts we get on the Berea kits.

Last edited:

almer

I did a quick comparison of the Lee Valley prices, to the prices of other Canadian and American suppliers I have used in the past three months. Although Lee Valley doesn't carry all the finishes we might like, the ones they do have are less expensive in most cases - in my location at least.

The table in the attached file (if the attachment worked) shows the prices (CDN) I would pay (or have paid), including all taxes (5% GST and BC's 7% PST), exchange rates, and shipping, as applicable. The top line is for one kit, and the bottom line is per kit with a 10+ discount.

The Lee Valley price doesn't include the cost of the ten minute drive to the store, but not having to wait a week or more for delivery is worth something. For that matter, it doesn't include the costs of the other stuff I'll probably end up buying while I'm there either!
I hear you about going there and buying stuff,i do the same thing at busy bee,did you compare prices to william woodwright,ive dealt alot with them and they also stand behind there products

Top Bottom