Learning from my mistakes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LOIBLB

This Black Palm pen was one of two I have made. On this particular pen I got the idea to use wood glue to glue the brass tubes in the wood blanks.
The pen was turned and put together. After assembly I was told the pen was too thick for my wife to use. I took the pen apart and found the tubes were not attached to the wood anymore. It may be oils in the wood.
After re-gluing with epoxy this time I turned the pen down and rebuilt. New pen maker
mistake

Attachments

• 20170116_120029_resized.jpg
    20170116_120029_resized.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MTViper

Good job of salvaging your pen. I tore up a couple before I successfully disassembled, fixed, and reassembled one. Can't tell you ever had a problem with it.

In case you haven't heard, there's a club that meets just a little ways up I-35W from where you live. Here's the link for the club: Home - Wood Turners of North Texas . Next meeting is Jan 26. Great place to learn and grow.

Steve

LOIBLB

Good job of salvaging your pen. I tore up a couple before I successfully disassembled, fixed, and reassembled one. Can't tell you ever had a problem with it.

In case you haven't heard, there's a club that meets just a little ways up I-35W from where you live. Here's the link for the club: Home - Wood Turners of North Texas . Next meeting is Jan 26. Great place to learn and grow.

Steve

Yes, I'm a member of that club. Lots of things for me to learn from there.
Thanks

Top Bottom