Learned something

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

I was turning one of the new Stylus pens from PSI yesterday, and the leopard PR blank I was using came apart somewhat...:mad:

So I'm think how can I save these tubes, I was thinking I had to get some replacement tubes, but I came up with an Idea.

Last night I put the tubes for the pen in a jar and filled the jar with acetone to where it covered the tubes; I come out this morning and the PR is sitting in the bottom of the jar in peices, and the tubes look clean as new. :)

I don't know it this works with all the acrylics but it worked this time.

Thanks
Danny

TonyBal

That is a great idea. So a take it that the blank was fine? Sometimes the brass tubes don't go in the desired position before the CA takes hold & I usually just end up just throwing it away & starting over. I will remember this! Thanks again! :biggrin: I wonder what acetone would to to a wooden blank?:confused:

gbpens

Acetone is a solvent for CA and would work on anything. You can also turn the material off the tube and remove the glue witheither a solvent as you did or a flat edge file.

jd99

That is a great idea. So a take it that the blank was fine? Sometimes the brass tubes don't go in the desired position before the CA takes hold & I usually just end up just throwing it away & starting over. I will remember this! Thanks again! :biggrin: I wonder what acetone would to to a wooden blank?:confused:
I basically thought the acetone would hopefully disavolve the glue and I could slide the tubes out, I didn't know the it was going to shatter the PR. I bet with wood it would disavolve the glue, but ya got nothing to loose (Cept a little acetone) give it a try.

Top Bottom