Le Roi Royale questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cpmech425

Hi, I got a few SPW Le Roi Royale kits in a trade. Anyone have the instructions for this kit? Also will bushings from any other kits work for this kit? I really like the SPW kits the quality is great. Thanks Brian

TurtleTom

Le roi instructions

Hi, I got a few SPW Le Roi Royale kits in a trade. Anyone have the instructions for this kit? Also will bushings from any other kits work for this kit? I really like the SPW kits the quality is great. Thanks Brian

I bought a bunch of Le Roi Pens from Exotic blanks after he did the instructions for the click pen thinking he would do it for the rest. No joy. I believe the Click pen is the only one with instructions. They are puzzling too. If you have any questions about the Royale assembly I can probably help.
My first questions was the tranny holder has a shoulder larger than the tube but that works ok because the finial has a recess that just fits the shoulder. Adjusting the insertion depth of the transmission takes a few trials to get it right.
This pen has a 3 point crimp on both ends of the tube, which I have never seen before. I expected glue problems that didn't materialize, if anything I think it might be a superior design that doesn't squeeze glue out the end of the blank when you insert the glued tube.
All in all, I expected more problems that I got. I still have only 1 Le Roi click pen that actually works, out of 5. No more.
I made bushings from persimmon, the American Ebony.

Last edited:
Top Bottom