Le Roi Elegant Tube Length

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
For the time being - please do not use Generic Le Roi tubes (identical to Sierra, Wall Street, Gatsby and others and the Generic tubes I sell)with your Le Roi Elegant Component sets.

The tubes provided with the sets seem to be about 2.15 to 2.17 as opposed to 2.20 to 2.21 or so for the tubes provided with the Le Roi and G Series. Please measure your tubes befor turning.

Additionally there is a thin trim ring (more like a washer) on the nib end that might have to be omitted when assembling the pen. Those two things taken together cause a problem where the point does not extend far enough for proper writing.

I am checking with the manufacturer to try to get the issue resolved - it might mean ordering special replacement tubes....I will keep you posted but it looks like these sets (like the cigar) may be tube length sensitive.

I have talked this over with my supplier and they agree that the tubes are a little shorter than normal for the style pens. I am ordering replacement tubes of the proper length and will have them in the store sometime soon. In the mean time I recommend that if you are making barrels for Sierra Elegant use only the tubes provided. If you buy a pre-tubed blank make sure you measure it and make an appropriate adjustment to the length before you use it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom