Le Roi click question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I see that Dawn & Ed at Exotic Blanks have the Le Roi click at a real nice price. Anybody know what bushings this kit uses? It doesn't say at the website.

Thanks in advance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

budnder

This is my favorite clicker kit, and I've made a bunch of them. First time I put one together, though, I couldn't figure out how to make the plastic click work without gluing it in place. I now just glue every one proactively... no big deal. As I recall, Smitty's old instructions don't clue you in to do that. Just mentioning that if you've not used this kit before and Exotics haven't updated the instructions yet.

Update - yes, they are the V2. Got mine and downloaded the instructions - for "the LeRoi family of pens". Well, the Le Roi is a Sierra/Gatsby. Uses a 27/64" tube. The V2 is different. It uses a 25/64" tube. You wouldn't think it would make a heck of a lot of difference, BUT IT DOES!!! :eek:

Another related item - the 25/64" is even a wee, wee bit sloppy - but a 3/8" hole is too tight. I measured my bit. Not 100% dead on so I went to the local hardware store and got a new one. Going to drill on the lathe. More later - :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, a piece at a time, I am familiarizing myself with the SPW line.

I have published a 4 page, very illustrated instruction sheet on assembling the click mechanism and gluing where needed. And yes, we are still trying to learn the various dimensions and be sure we SHIP the CORRECT pen to match your order!!!!

All of the SPW pens I have made work VERY well!! I have intentionally dropped my click pen, more than a few times--it still works flawlessly--the drops have been directly on the click plunger, again intentionally. The design works great--for those who believe penmakers should not have to use glue--sorry-in this case it is a must.

But the results are spectacular, from a durability point of view.

I can honestly recommend Smitty's clickers!! But you MUST follow the directions!!!!!

Ed

Another update - got the new 25/64" bit. Results are pretty much the same. I use two part epoxy and that seemed to fill any gap ok. Going to try the letter bit when time permits.

Cmiles1985

Another related item - the 25/64" is even a wee, wee bit sloppy - but a 3/8" hole is too tight. I measured my bit. Not 100% dead on so I went to the local hardware store and got a new one. Going to drill on the lathe. More later - :)

Try a letter "V" drill bit as listed on this chart:http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/drillchart2.pdf

I think I ended up specifically buying a W drill for the LeRoi V2 pens.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom