Lazerlinez

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Got a couple quick Q's re Constant's site

1 - Are the Desire, the Eagle and the Raven the same kit? If you go to the Lazerlinez site and look, the pictures are the same, both for the pen and for the component set.

2 - Is there anything going on with Lazerlinez? I sent a PM but haven't heard anything and when I checked today all the kits are marked "sold out".

Sure hope all is well. I really like the kits and they sell.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

To answer your first question, no they are not the same. To your second, I don't know. I love his pens and they sell well for me. I am out of Liberties and need to replenish.

dachshund1

The top caps and center bands are slightly different; however, the clips and posting ends appear to be the same. [From L to R: Desire, Eagle, Raven]. Notice the hardware does vary the overall length a bit. Upon arrival, make sure you carefully inspect and dry fit the threaded pieces. Not all the plated parts were protected during my last shipment (SS scratches very easily) - and one of the threaded inserts needed replacement. Otherwise, these are stylish pens. (Sorry for the shoddy images - my shop lighting isn't ideal).

Attachments

• Laserlinez1.jpg
    Laserlinez1.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Laserlinez2.jpg
    Laserlinez2.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Laserlinez3.jpg
    Laserlinez3.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 123

corgicoupe

The top caps and center bands are slightly different; however, the clips and posting ends appear to be the same. [From L to R: Desire, Eagle, Raven]. Notice the hardware does vary the overall length a bit. Upon arrival, make sure you carefully inspect and dry fit the threaded pieces. Not all the plated parts were protected during my last shipment (SS scratches very easily) - and one of the threaded inserts needed replacement. Otherwise, these are stylish pens. (Sorry for the shoddy images - my shop lighting isn't ideal).

Correct...the kits are basically identical except for variations in the caps and center bands. Constant told me that the Desire is the simplest of the designs.

The reference to "plated parts" is not correct. All the components are polished solid stainless steel. There is no plating. The clips are a hardened ss alloy to give the springy quality.

corgicoupe

Got a couple quick Q's re Constant's site

1 - Are the Desire, the Eagle and the Raven the same kit? If you go to the Lazerlinez site and look, the pictures are the same, both for the pen and for the component set.

2 - Is there anything going on with Lazerlinez? I sent a PM but haven't heard anything and when I checked today all the kits are marked "sold out".

Sure hope all is well. I really like the kits and they sell.

I spoke with Constant several weeks ago, and all was well. he is not trying to compete with the Asian kits, and he machines much more than pen kits. You should contact him by phone with your needs and questions. I have found that he usually answers his phone, or will return your call if you leave a message. His components are my favorite, but then I don't sell; just gifts.

southernclay

I know he's headed out of town for a while soon if he isn't already out of town. Just a heads up in case you aren't able to reach him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyL

Maybe I will drive by his Alpharetta shop tomorrow and see if I can catch him.

Top Bottom