Lazer Engraving and Finishing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeCharmer

I need to have some pens engraved.... I have seen Ken Nelson's name on some of the posts but have not found a way to get in touch with him..... any help?....
Also... after engraving are you able to finish with CA or another finish? Thanks for your help.....:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Fred,

Ken prefers that you send pens to him already finished. IIRC, he says it is easier for him to brush off the burned residue on a finished pen.

Spend some time on his site at the link Mitch provided. He has some helpful information there.

NancyLaird

Originally posted by SnakeCharmer
<br />I need to have some pens engraved....Also... after engraving are you able to finish with CA or another finish? Thanks for your help.....[:D]

We engrave pens regularly, both our own and those for another pen turner in Albuquerque. We prefer that the pens NOT be finished prior to engraving because (1) they are easier to clean up after the lasering and color-fill process if they are not engraved and (2) there are times when the finish, particularly CA, isn't conducive to a good laser. If you'd like to talk about this, you can PM me. Our price is $2.50 per pen.

Nancy

Rifleman1776

Sounds like each engraver has their own preferences. My local guy has never stated a preference. I have sometimes (depending on the wood) just sealed first to prevent soiling. Then after engraving, finish as usual.

TerryMartin

I made the same request just a month ago and was fortunate to have Ken recommended. I have had him engrave four pens since my first contact , have a fifth on the way to him and am turning several more today which will soon be in his capable hands. I usually don't recommend services as peoples expectations can be different, in this case I have no problem as he is the best out there...he is also a great guy to work with. Your first order will confirm that...his work speaks for itself, the attached pic shows his engraving of a wedding venue...just beautiful.

TerryMartin

a%20&%20Steven%20laser%20engraving%20on%20caps%20b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom