Lathe Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradK12

Looking at buying a backup lathe and one to run my small bowls and stuff on to take the demand off my Delta gears. I have found an older Jet (blue model) 10-14 that meets my needs and is in decant shape. What is a fair price for these? He is wanting $175.

Would I be better off just getting the 10-14 machine from Harbor Freight that gets excellent reviews for $200?

Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradK12

Also --- i know the first response is why not get a bigger lathe and not another mini/midi, however, space is a problem for that right now. Just FYI to get in front of those responses.

ironman123

Since you mentioned Harbor Freight. They have their 10 X 18 wood lathe for 189 then use a 20 percent off coupon and you beat the price of the used Jet and get a new lathe.

Ray

alamocdc

$175 for a used Jet in working condition is a really good deal. Replacing the motor of the same lathe, or Delta midi will cost you about $140. Do the math. I'd get the Jet in a heart beat. But make sure the tail stock and spindle line up and the motor runs. Check the bearings on the headstock for play, but even then, bearings are cheap.

Top Bottom