Lathe parts....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gothycdesigns

I was curious and sorry if I am posting in wrong area. Does any one know of any companies selling lathe parts. I understand that for example if you have Delta mini-lathe, you maybe able to contact Delta for parts.

I'm talking more on the lines as some one that would basically sell any parts that you could basically make you own from. Belts, driveshafts, universal bed extension, tool rests just about anything you can think of. Is there such a company? Just curious.

Later,
Ray K.

Tom McMillan

Hi Ray

I'm sure a lot of others here can give you a lot of sources. The one I've dealt with mostly is Grizzly, and they do have parts available for the equipment they sell. I would imagine it would be pretty spendy though if you were to make your own lathe from the replacement parts they sell.

ryannmphs

I agree with Tom, it would be pricey to build you own Lathe with compenents from different manufacturers. After recently spending just over $100.00 to rebuild the headstock (no, that's not right, I replace every compent in the HS) of my Delta 1440, I don't think it would be worth it to buy pieces and assemble your own.

Now, you "upgrade" compenents. Tool rests, tool rest posts, bearings, etc. All these pieces are available, sometimes cheaper than replacemenst from the original equipment mfg. (for example, some bearings from Delta were $12.00, but I found the exact same thing, or a better version of, for just $5.00)

Ryan

TomServo

Ray: If you're looking for a spindle for your lathe that has a MT... as I recall, you had the Grizzly with no MT and a funky thread? You might (just might) be able to find a machine or welding shop locally that can take your spindle and cut+ream a MT right into the spindle you have. No idea what they might charge, though. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom