lathe chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fritz64

who makes a 2 jaw pen drilling chuck, gr,s woodcraft has no knowledge of it , ichecked my latest mags no can find . i think it woujd help to center hole better . it is fairly new on the market

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

PSI has it but they may be out of stock as the page wouldn't display for me.
I would recommend you at least consider the PSI collet chuck instead as it's much more versatile. It's available from WoodnWhimsies and sometimes Amazon for less than PSI's regular price.

http://www.woodnwhimsies.com/turn.html

at bottom of page

ldb2000

PSI makes it ($69.99) . I personally think your money would be better spent by buying either a collet chuck ($89.99 from PSI) or a scroll chuck ($179.99 for the barracuda 2) .
If you are making only pens then the collet chuck is much more useful then a dedicated blank holding chuck that really has no other use . You do have to turn your blanks round first to use the collet chuck but that only takes a few seconds and you can use it to hold mandrels and even make whole pens using just a collet chuck without the mandrel .
If you ever want to turn other things like bowls or boxes then a scroll chuck is the way to go , you can't do it with the drilling chuck but you can buy the blank jaws for the barracuda 2 if you ever feel the need (the pin jaws work very well for drilling blanks) . You can also use the step jaws to hold mandrels and other things like bottle stopper mandrels and closed end mandrels . The barracuda 2 comes with 4 jaw sets for any small turnings you might want to try in the future and a carry case to keep it all together , it's also a keyed chuck so you don't have to play games chucking things up with the Tommy bars (levers , it always seems like you need 3 hands to use them)

Top Bottom