Last Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

As I was showing my pens today to a customer he asked, "If you could turn just one more pen which one would it be and what wood would you use?" As I turned two more pens early this evening I thought about that question and I think my answer would be a Jr. Gent or El Grande with stabilized buckeye burl from BB. He knows which coloring I like. So, I ask you the same question. Which kit and what wood? Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

I would make a Jr. Statesman rollerball pen made from Bethlehem Olivewood. Maybe that would be Amboyna Burl with ivory inlays... [8D] Decisions, decisions...

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
For a last pen, I would have to make a modified slimline (so I could play with the design as long as I wanted) of pink ivory with elephant ivory and ebony laminate for my granddaughter. She's just starting to write, so it's a little early for her own pen, but if it was my last . . .

Tom McMillan

Well, at the moment I only have a few pen kits---I do have one El Grande and I haven't made one yet---so, guess I'd make it----and since I love the smell when turning Bethlehem Olivewood---the pen would be of it---with ebony accents if I decided on any. Yup, especially since I'm gettin focused on Bethlehem right now as I celebrate the reason for the season---that would be MY choice!!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Don,
An offbeat answer for me. If I only had one more pen to turn, I simply would not turn it. I would happily spend hours in the shop going over the wood I have and kits I have, mentally turning them time and time again. I would scrutinize all the catalogs for new kits, order some Rhodium Statesman kits, as many BB burls as I could, and match them with my kits time and time again.

Turn the last pen, no way! Plan it for the rest of my days, you betcha!

its_virgil

William,
Not offbeat at all. Actually, a very clever answer. Mentally turn bunches of pens while planning your last, which will never be turned. Very clever and ingenous. thanks for all the answers. I kinda expected BOW to come out on top at this season of the year.
Do a good turn daily!
don
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Don,
An offbeat answer for me. If I only had one more pen to turn, I simply would not turn it. I would happily spend hours in the shop going over the wood I have and kits I have, mentally turning them time and time again. I would scrutinize all the catalogs for new kits, order some Rhodium Statesman kits, as many BB burls as I could, and match them with my kits time and time again.

Turn the last pen, no way! Plan it for the rest of my days, you betcha!

dougle40

I think that it would have to be a modified slimline too and it would be made from Cocobolo , I just love that wood and especially the way it smells while your turning it . I've heard a lot about BOW but haven't turned any yet so I couldn't consider it .

timdaleiden

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br /> "If you could turn just one more pen which one would it be and what wood would you use?" Don

I don't think I could stop crying long enough to make such a decision. [:(]

Hopefully I won't have to face this agonizing decision for another forty or fifty years. [:D]

Gregory Huey

I think the wood would be Amboynia Burl and the kit would be Gent Jr. Those are both a guess because I just can't even think about turning my last pen. Man would that hurt! What would I do ? Not ready to take up knitting or pottery.I guess they would just have to take me to the looney farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom