Last gift turning for this year...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

My wife wanted 12 pens to give as gifts. Well...this is the last one and finished not a day too soon. She wanted to know if I was going to deliver them too. "Nope Babe...I turn 'em you deliver 'em!" (Amboyna burl in a Jr. Statesman)

2004122414420_AmbyonaBurlJrStatesman.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
71 posts and you produce a beauty like that? I can see that I have to quit posting and get back to turning! I wish I was on your wife's Christmas list.

Gregory Huey

Very nice work. I rate Amboyna burl as one of my very favorite woods. I just finished turning my 31st pen present today. Now I am starting to see things that could be turned out of the xmas tree. I guess the other half mite miss the tree if I start on it right now.

Gary

Thanks for the kind remarks everyone. This was my first experience with amboyna burl, and it definately will not be my last. I think it finishes beautifully.

wayneis

You did a very nice job on that Jr. Statesman Gary. I think amboyna burl is a special wood, it is so easy to work and every piece that I come accros has been beautiful. If you get a chance to get some Red Amboyna, give it a try. I bought some a few months ago and it had a little richer color, deeper with a tint of red. Most of my amboyna comes from Cue Components and Gilmer Lumber Co. Gilmer is my favorite place to shop, looking at all of their wood is almost as much fun as buying it is. I know some people don't like their hundred dollar minimum but I really don't mind because i can't get away without spending at least that much anyway.

Wayne

PenWorks

Gary, your choice of wood is great, another favorite. I love when I get red amboyna with a touch of sap wood, a real fovorite. Great gift, you aim to please. Happy Holidays, Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom