Laserbit Color Fill removal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Those that use Laserbit Color Fill- how do you remove the access? I have been using isop. alcohol to wipe over the engraving after I put it on. But I always remove some that is down in the engraving. Don't you want it filled all the way up to the edge of the pen body? Can you rub it off after it dries? Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

Sylvanite

Normally, one would simply leave the color fill shy of the pen surface. If you want it flush, then you have a couple of options:
  1. Let the color fill dry and then refinish the pen, filling the engraving to a smooth surface.
  2. Apply multiple coats of color fill (it shrinks a little when it dries) until it cures proud of the surface. Then turn it down flush and finish. This method works best if the barrel is engraved before final sanding and finishing.
I hope that helps,
Eric

low_48

I use Tulip latex fabric paint when I want to fill it flush. There is a lot of shrinkage, so usually takes two fills. When dry, I use micro mesh files and wet sand it flush. The only times I have done this is on dyed and stabilized wood blanks, but would also work well with acrylic.

Top Bottom