Laser waterslide question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

builtbybill

Hello,

I am going to be attempting my first waterslide decals very soon and I just have a quick question - I will be using the color laser waterslide decals and I was just wondering if I still need to apply some sort of fixer before applying a CA finish? I should not need anything before applying to the pens, based on what I have read on manufacturers websites, but they do not discuss CA finishes so I just want to make sure that the CA will not dissolve the colors.

Thanks,

Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Don't know 'bout lazer..but

I spray the ink jet decals with clear laquer...I'm not sure 'bout the lazer though...

Hello,

I am going to be attempting my first waterslide decals very soon and I just have a quick question - I will be using the color laser waterslide decals and I was just wondering if I still need to apply some sort of fixer before applying a CA finish? I should not need anything before applying to the pens, based on what I have read on manufacturers websites, but they do not discuss CA finishes so I just want to make sure that the CA will not dissolve the colors.

Thanks,

Bill

JohnU

I would suggest a clear coat over them so the color doesn't run during the water application or CA. For the little bit of investment of clear spray its better to be safe than sorry. I use Krylon "Preserve it" but any cheap clear coat will work. Just make sure to give them a day to dry before you use them.

ozkoz

I bought some laser transfer stuff that said I didn't need to apply a finish. First one was OK when just in water but then smudged a lot when CA was applied. I've sprayed a lacquer finish on all since then and had no further problem.

Joey-Nieves

builtbybill

Thanks for all of the advice, so I guess it is safe to say that I will not need anything before putting in water, but will need a protective coating before applying CA. Cannot seem to find the Krylon Preserve It around here so I was thinking about the Modge-Podge spray sealer (LINK), has anyone tried this stuff?

Thanks,

Bill

Top Bottom