Laser Pointer Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRyan

I haven't really seen any laser pointer pen kits around. Are tehy out there, or are they just not popular with the turning crowd?

Thanks,
Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have some if you want them I am sure we could work out a deal. Have never MADE one, bought them years ago, never got to doing anything with them. Think I have about 10 kits.

Rifleman1776

Problem with the laser kits is that they are so expensive. Kits cost a lot more than going out and buying a laser pointer. Same with the USB flash drives. I know pen kits cost more than a Bic, the comparison isn't quite the same. These high-tech kits need to be priced where they are attractive to the makers.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Frank (IMO)
Our sources had these kits "built" when laser pointers were expensive. NOW, they still have them in stock and probably paid way too much for them.

Having done the same thing years ago when fax machines were over $1000, I recognize the problem, but the solution is VERY painful-bite the bullet and unload the inventory below THEIR cost-and learn a valuable lesson (I don't stock "high-tech" products anymore!!)

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Frank (IMO)
Our sources had these kits "built" when laser pointers were expensive. NOW, they still have them in stock and probably paid way too much for them.

Having done the same thing years ago when fax machines were over $1000, I recognize the problem, but the solution is VERY painful-bite the bullet and unload the inventory below THEIR cost-and learn a valuable lesson (I don't stock "high-tech" products anymore!!)

I'm sure that is an accurate assesment of the situation. I have owned retail stores and understand well the 'bite the bullet' situation. But, fact is, some cash, even if it is 50 or even 25% of original cost is better than 0% with the inventory sitting on a shelf.
I believe nice looking, turned, key ring or pen USB flash drives would be a good item. Hallo! Nils, are you there? [:p]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is a situation where it would be:

Nils (marketing) vs UNNAMED ACCOUNTANT
in a cage match and Nils does NOT get David's slingshot (biblical reference for those who missed it)
Don't bet the farm on Nils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom