Laser Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Hi all , I have done several of the laser cut kits and enjoy them a lot, I have a general question though, in my travels I am sure I saw a laser cut "Diver" or "swimmer" type of kit , I am unable to find it again ,any help in this regard appreciated ,cheers ~ John :rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Hi all , I have done several of the laser cut kits and enjoy them a lot, I have a general question though, in my travels I am sure I saw a laser cut "Diver" or "swimmer" type of kit , I am unable to find it again ,any help in this regard appreciated ,cheers ~ John :rolleyes:

John I am sorry I can not help with your request but I would hope you would post your method of doing the laser kits being you have done some already. In my other post I mentioned I am trying one for the first time and looking for methods of how to go about putting one together. I don't want to mess it up because they are pricey. Thanks and am not trying to hijack your post. :)

Fred

John ... and anyone else wanting information on this subject ... I would highly recommend that you PM, e-mail, Constant Laubscher as he is definitely one of the premier laser folks that there is.

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam

John I am sorry I can not help with your request but I would hope you would post your method of doing the laser kits being you have done some already. In my other post I mentioned I am trying one for the first time and looking for methods of how to go about putting one together. I don't want to mess it up because they are pricey. Thanks and am not trying to hijack your post. :)

John I just follow the instructions that come with the kits , so far I have found them very straight forward , the pieces fit snugly so insert with the tube in place without glue, insert your sections and hold them in place with the small rubber bands supplied. once done you can remove the tube as the pieces wont move then apply the thin CA to all the joins don't worry about the rubber bands getting glued to the tube as they come off easily either with your skew or by sanding off. Just centre your tube and glue as normal, so far I have found the tubes slightly longer than the standard sierras so you may need to trim off a bit ( I like to sand them for safety) I have done some with a mix of acrylic and woods ,no problems ,just may need a ca or other finish to keep the wood and acrylic looking the same , Have no fear just be gentle :) sandpaper is a turning tool also hehe, cheers ~ John

jttheclockman

John I just follow the instructions that come with the kits , so far I have found them very straight forward , the pieces fit snugly so insert with the tube in place without glue, insert your sections and hold them in place with the small rubber bands supplied. once done you can remove the tube as the pieces wont move then apply the thin CA to all the joins don't worry about the rubber bands getting glued to the tube as they come off easily either with your skew or by sanding off. Just centre your tube and glue as normal, so far I have found the tubes slightly longer than the standard sierras so you may need to trim off a bit ( I like to sand them for safety) I have done some with a mix of acrylic and woods ,no problems ,just may need a ca or other finish to keep the wood and acrylic looking the same , Have no fear just be gentle :) sandpaper is a turning tool also hehe, cheers ~ John

Thanks John

That is the way I will try. They do come with the rubberbands:)

Top Bottom