Laser inlay pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefrog

Maybe I just don't grasp the concept... but I see the kits for laser inlay blanks in a bag, looking like a tiny jigsaw puzzle. Do you have to put the darn things together, THEN turn, or what? I just don't get it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Steve Busey

I just turned sooooo greeeeen after watching this video. What an awesome bit of kit.

Eric...

Nothing to be "greeeeen" about, Eric - there are plenty of laser inlay kits avbl on the market. Check out Lazerlinez & Kallenshaan kits at most US pen kit sellers. I don't know if there are any vendors on your side of the pond, but check around. Cheers!

Ed McDonnell

I don't know for sure, but I'll bet he was green over the machine that is used to make the stainless steel components, not the laser kit. I know I would love to have one. I think the one in the video is the only one on either side of the pond making pen kits.

Ed

Here's far more than you wanted to know - how the inlay parts are made, and how to make them into a pen:
LazerLinez_Version1_WebHD.mov - YouTube

:biggrin: Well... this guy has hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in CNC equipment, and look what he uses as a pen press :biggrin:

I can't afford a pen press and had to use an old piece of redwood burl to pound that sucker in.:) I am serving a lot of other industries also and there are more machines on the way I absolutely love what I am doing with all headaches and all.

Top Bottom