Laser Etching

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rklong

I need to have 10 pens laser etched with the letters( Richard's) . Most of the woods I will use are dark and I have noticed the laser etching is dark. Is there any possible remedy to make the letters stand out better? A light stain? I will have a CA finish on the pens before etching. Is that ok? I heard someone mention shoe polish before. Is that a common practice? Please respond if you are knowledgable on this subject as I need to finish these pens and get them sent off. Thanks for your help.

Rick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

This sort of thing goes by the name of "color fill". Usually, it's just an acrylic paint that you smooth into the engraved surface. Commercial color fill paints are available in a variety of colors. Just pick one that provides the contrast you want. An engraving shop should be able to do the color-fill, or you can do it yourself afterwards. It is pretty easy.

More information is available at http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52377.

Regards,
Eric

Rfturner

I have used plain paint that you can purchase at a craft store. I have Gold, Silver, Copper, and a variety of others that I can either mix or wipe into the engraving

Top Bottom