Laser engraving Dallas area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

txcwboy

Anyone have a good source for laser engraving for pens in the Dallas area? I havent done any in the past and I am getting some Corp. interest in my pens now.

thanks

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Yarael

Well I know of someone in Weatherford doing laser engraving. If that not to far let me know and I will talk to him and get you his #.

btboone

By shipping it out, you could have laser people with great pen experience like Ken and others. It very well might be worth the cost and time.

lwalden

I've used a guy in Arlington with great results- he's done over 200 pens for me that were corporate purchases, as well as engraved a number of presentation pen boxes for Board of Directors gifts. He's also done over 100 of the Texas Flag style pens I do. Just south of I-30 and west of Randol Mill Road. Shoot me an e-mail if you want his contact info.....

kevin_f

I know of someeone in the Fort Worth area (I believe). I can get you his phone # also if that work. I have also heard that there is someone in the Dallas Woodturning club that does laser engraveing.

Thanks

Kevin

Ron Mc

Dave,
I use both the engraver in Arlington that Lyle has mentioned and the one in McKinney. They both do a great job.
I personally don't fill the engraving unless the wood has been stabilized. You you don't want to fill then just be sure to let your customer know that they should choose a lighter colored wood.

lwalden

John and Sherry (Arlington) have about 8 or 10 colors from laserbits they can use if it needs a colorfill- and they'll generally work with you. I know Ken Nelson will do color fill as well for a minimal additional charge. Most folks, when using color fill, tend to do that on the finished product- and while I've generally got satisfactory results with that approach, I've found it looks (to my eyes, at any rate)much better to sand to just about the final finish, then get it engraved, colorfill, add a second fill (the laserbits color fill shrinks just a small amount as it dries), put it back on the lathe and resand to the final, then finish and assemble. More work, but worth it to me to take it from a satisfactory level to a hands down professional look. I've also got the various colors available from laserbits if you want to try a time or two....
Originally posted by txcwboy
<br />Do most just have them engraved ? or do any fill in the engraving with paint to make it show better ?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom