Laser Engraving Circuit Board Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Being I have done a few of these pens, I would say do not do it. You run that risk and besides the engraving will obstruct the look of the components. I think it would look tacky. Just an opinion. Bruce would be the guy to answer your question for sure.

TurnaPen

Jamie, you can Laser engrave them, the laser power can be adjusted to cut at the correct depth, HOWEVER, on the Circuit Board pens, the engraving would be hard to see on the clear resin, SO, we use a "filler" of the colour of your choice and it will look really great, I have just done one. The First two pictures you can barely see the engraving the last two is with Pro Color Fill. Amos
PS the light in the photography doesn't allow the true picture, in person they look much better, Amos

Attachments

• P1010477 (Custom).JPG
    P1010477 (Custom).JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 330
  • P1010478 (Custom).JPG
    P1010478 (Custom).JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 276
  • P1010479 (Custom).JPG
    P1010479 (Custom).JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 588
  • P1010480 (Custom).JPG
    P1010480 (Custom).JPG
    25 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:

jttheclockman

Well there you go. Proven wrong again. I guess anything is possible. Doesn't look too bad either. Nice job Amos.

TurnaPen

JTT don't worry, you are not alone in been proven wrong, I won't even try to count the times I have been proven wrong, meanwhile, you will find that you can sometimes use different colours for better results, for example if the pen kit was silver I would have used a silver fill; sometimes a Maple box is best just left as is, but a darker colour fill can help match the inside pen etc, etc,. Amos

bruce119

That was my concern on engraving the clear resin. It does show up with the color fill. I'm still not sure if I would recommend. It is a busy pen for engraving but it good to know it can be done with a clear cast. I guess the same principle would be true for snake skin.

Bruce

Top Bottom