Laser Engraving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rodtod11

I've had a few request for laser engraving. I cant afford the equipment, and checked into having it done on my pens. I got a quote of $20 per pen. What have any of you done as far as engraving for a customer goes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Culprit

I've only had one pen laser engraved so far. I was super happy with the quality.

It cost $6.50 for one line of text on an un assembled barrel. I'm not sure my customer would have done it if it had been $20.

If your quote of $20 is for something other than text, then that might be reasonable depending in what graphic you provide and what he has to do to it. If you're picking a design from his library that is already good to go, then $20 still sounds high.

LagniappeRob

What's being engraved? Text, logo? Do you have artwork?
I have a laser and have spent a good bit on upgrading it but still $20 is a bit high...

There is laser tube time (tube's don't last forever so it's a hard cost) but the rest is pretty soft. If I had to do the prepping of the artwork and it was the only thing I was doing, maybe get somewhere near that. But if that was the case, I'd probably send them somewhere more economical anyway.

ttpenman

$20 seems too much for one pen. I charge $6-7 depending on what's on it. It's all setup, the laser time is just seconds. Look around for someone local. Lots of small shops around.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Top Bottom