Large Turning Stock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GregMuller

Does anyone know where I can buy some 3"x3" maple turning stock? I have done an internet search already with no luck. I have laminated some of my own but would to use some non laminated stock for some gift items.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Greg -- I am on the left side and you have to be able to get maple in the right half of the country. I have drooled over some locations but freight is a killer.

Have you used WoodFinder??

Ask on WoodCentral classified section

Andrew Arndts

If you lived in South central Michigan, I would send you to Charlotte, to Johnson's Workbench. As a matter of fact I have 2 7/8"x3"x17 1/2" of spalted maple for a real nice price. I might be willing to sell off or trade. Dunno for what yet.

Last edited:

KenV

Gregg -- Looked in mags -- Wood turning design list West Penn Hardwoods in Orlean NY -- that has to be close (at least by Alaska standards)

Good luck -- finding what you are looking for.

monophoto

Greg -

It's a bit far from Lawn Guyland for a day-trip, but JK Adams sells scrap maple at their Dorset, VT store as "kindling". When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I purchased several 1.75 x 3.5" pieces that were 18-24 inches long. And at $6 a box, its really cheap.

JK Adams makes high quality kitchenware from maple, oak and occasionally walnut.

Top Bottom