Large Point Parker refill?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevenpetry

Got a customer that is more than willing to drop some serious cash on a few pens, but is really particular about the refills. He likes a large point rollerball. And I do mean big. And example he showed me was out of a monte blanc and the ball had to have been close to 3mm. I understand that getting that in a parker style ball point is a lot to ask, but does anyone make a parker style refill with a ball tip larger than 1mm? He likes feel of the Schmidt 9000 M, but wishes it would lay down a little larger line.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChrisN

3.175mm is 1/8". Good luck fitting that through the ~3/32 hole in the tip if the pen! I don't think the EasyFlows are available in any other size, though. Amazon has quite a few refills. You could start there.

stevenpetry

I knew getting into the 3mm range would be impossible without modification, but surely someone makes a quality ball point with a slightly larger ball.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I knew getting into the 3mm range would be impossible without modification, but surely someone makes a quality ball point with a slightly larger ball.
I don't think I'd bet the farm on that. I doubt there is very much demand for super wide ballpoint tips because I think, unless very good ink is used they would tend to have problems with that annoying blob that we so often see on the first letter written with a ballpoint. I don't think there is very much demand for wide, but I could be wrong there. I get requests now and then for fine point but most folks seem to prefer medium.

Top Bottom