Kona wood source?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bedangerous

I am going to Kona and was wondering if anyone new a woodsource there. I would love to bring something nice to create with.
Thanks,
Mitch

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RODNEYBREAN

Aloha Mitch,

I lived in Kona for 8 yrs. Just recently moved back to the mainland. There is a great place for wood. Its called Aloha Woods. When you leave the airport, heading to Kona its about a mile or so on the malka side (left). On the road you go to Costco on. They have the best Curly Koa I wave ever seen. They also have excelent local woods and a great assortment of exotics. The people are great! They will cut you small pieces or even pen blanks. They also ship flat rate. They have a web site also. I've been gone about 6 months and I miss Kona Bad!! Say hello to Kona for me!! Mahalo !

Rodney

BJohn

Visited Aloha Wood's when I was there 2 years ago. I purchased some pretty nice stuff and they were more then willing to ship it back for me. Nice people.

Ask for some 'MILO'

The Big island is one of my favorite places.

Are you going to the other side of the island? If so I have another wood source for you over there.

And don't forget to get some DONKEY BALLS Oh my you can't eat just one!

Rodney why in the world would you leave?

Last edited:

magier412

Milo wood is awesome! Totally recommend it for something different from the islands...although Koa is amazing and beautiful too!

SSGMEADER

My Parents were on Kona for 6 months while my dad did some work at the Naval Ship Yard there. They went to Aloha Woods and brought me back a slew of different native woods from Curly Koa, Curly Mango, Monkey Pod, Milo, Macadamia Nut and a few others. My parents know nothing about woodworking but they raved about how patient and helpful the people at Aloha Woods were in helping them pick out stuff to bring back as my "souvenirs" from their trip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom