Kojent Fountain tips - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Penturning
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Penturning General penturning discussions not specifically addressed in one of the specialty forums.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Kojent Fountain tips

In need of replacement tip for a Woodcraft Kojent Fountain Pen. Not posted on Woodcraft site. Do they have to be (or can they be) ordered from Woodcraft or are they interchangeable with tips I might be able to get from PSI or CSI?

Thanks for the help.
mikefoye is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-20-2019, 07:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

What do you mean by 'tip'?

Fountain pens have 'nibs' that are held in 'nib-holder's. Together, the nib-holder and nib are referred to as the 'section'.
Instagram: @louie_powell_photo
monophoto is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-20-2019, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 12

Beaufort ink sells kit-compatible Bock nibs (with feed and housing). Not sure if it fits that one, but seems to fit most. Sadly, it's probably cheaper to buy another kit to cannibalize...
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default Fountain Nibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monophoto View Post

Fountain pens have 'nibs' that are held in 'nib-holder's. Together, the nib-holder and nib are referred to as the 'section'.
Thanks for getting back. I made a pen for a guy that contacted me last week and said he couldn't get it to write. I have not seen it yet and was trying to get a little information before I meet him. I don't know if it is a nib problem or what. I was actually wondering if the nib "section" on a Kojent is unique to Woodcraft or if these sections were interchangeable with other styles. As I say I have not yet seen the pen or what he is attempting to use (pump or cartridge). The information that you have provided is very helpful and I now know that replacement nibs/sections are available if that indeed is the issue.

Thanks again
mikefoye is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-20-2019, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefoye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by monophoto View Post

Thanks for getting back. I made a pen for a guy that contacted me last week and said he couldn't get it to write. I have not seen it yet and was trying to get a little information before I meet him. I don't know if it is a nib problem or what. I was actually wondering if the nib "section" on a Kojent is unique to Woodcraft or if these sections were interchangeable with other styles. As I say I have not yet seen the pen or what he is attempting to use (pump or cartridge). The information that you have provided is very helpful and I now know that replacement nibs/sections are available if that indeed is the issue.

Thanks again

The existing nib may just need some adjusting to write properly. There are some good YouTube videos showing how to address common problems.

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
More4dan is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Default Kojent Fountain tips

http://www.sbrebrown.com/fountain-pen-tuning/

The last few Bock nibs I used wouldn’t properly feed ink. There was too large of a gap between the tines. A new nib may not always be the answer. In contrast, every JOWO nib has worked out of the box. Once tuned both are great quality nibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited by More4dan; 01-20-2019 at 05:54 PM.
More4dan is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-20-2019, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Photos: 73

The kojent is a Berea Hardwoods kit. Woodcraft sells Berea kits but changes their names. Here it is: https://www.bereahardwoods.com/pen-k...s/atracia.html

They may have the parts you need.

Learn how to tune a fountain pen (if you do not know how). the nib can be swapped with a better one if that is what it needs.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefoye View Post
In need of replacement tip for a Woodcraft Kojent Fountain Pen. Not posted on Woodcraft site. Do they have to be (or can they be) ordered from Woodcraft or are they interchangeable with tips I might be able to get from PSI or CSI?

Thanks for the help.
www.RedRiverPens.com/articles.htm (pen stuff I've written)
its_virgil is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_virgil View Post
The kojent is a Berea Hardwoods kit. Woodcraft sells Berea kits but changes their names. Here it is: https://www.bereahardwoods.com/pen-k...s/atracia.html
OMG, thank you! I love this kit but woodcraft's mark up makes them too expensive to turn regularly.
brailsmt is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-21-2019, 08:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 73

Look at other Berea Resellers: Arizona Silhouette, Exotic Blanks, or Beartooth Woods
Quote:
Originally Posted by brailsmt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by its_virgil View Post
OMG, thank you! I love this kit but woodcraft's mark up makes them too expensive to turn regularly.
www.RedRiverPens.com/articles.htm (pen stuff I've written)
its_virgil is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads