Kiwi Corian pen and holder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

hodwy
My latest test of a 4x4x1/2 piece of kiwi corian tile. A slim line pen and holder. Testing how to cut the angle for the bottom
on the table saw was interesting. Other than saying im glad i dont stand right behind the blade. I'll let it go at that....new dent in wall 15 feet away. The side angles were cut on miter saw.

Tried to make a letter opener with an O size bit, i had it centered ok but the blank still came out too small for the hardware.
I'll have to glue two peices next time to give me an inch to work with.

This is actually a thank you gift to the folks that gave me the corian . Only had one piece of this color to work with, and it was her favorite color. There's a few holes in the top, tried sanding out antoher piece but the holes go too far in, so i left it as character...commonly known as oops. Had hard time sanding it to get it smooth, mabey i was in a hurry.

pete

had trouble getting the pictures to come out right, hope you can see them

20051211175428_kk1.jpg

20051211175446_kk2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

Second picture set shows off your work so much better! Did you glue some Corian together to make the base? I like your design and I'm sure the new owner is going to be greatly pleased!

You are aware that any ideas shown here are almost always promptly <s>stolen</s>........er..um... appropriated by all us others guys??[;)][:D]

pete00

Bob

Didn't glue anypieces, it all came from one 4x4x1/2 inch tile block.
I cut two 1/2x1/2 strips for the pen then used the left over for base.
I cut base ends of at 45deg on saw.

Now as to your stolen...ah....appropriation of other ideas, i never do that, all my works are originals that pop out of my brain. When i see something nice that someone else did i say that nice, then go to bed. Over night as i sleep i become creative. In the morning out pops another one of my original ideas. Hmm wonder if al capone thought that way.. [}:)][}:)]

TomServo

That is fantastic... I'm betting they will want you to make sets for all their customers... :) Better work up a jig to make the bases quickly, and post on how to make it. [}:)]

pete00

thanks for the kind words....i only see all the flaws cause i made it. Does everybody read all the forums like me. Dont want to over kill and post this in the show off your pen section.

But now i have a problem, somebody wants to buy one. Dont know what to sell it for. The corian was free, and i dont know what the going price for corian is. Got any sites to check out, I'll look around a few more places.
thanks...pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom