Kits that use Cross refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bcowin

Is there a list of pen kits by the type of refill used? I've had someone ask me to make a surprising pen for him - only condition he put on it is that it use Cross refills. I know you can do a lot with slimlines, but I don't want to do another one. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

Anything with 7mm tubes. Euros are nice looking. Definitely get an upgraded refill for this guy, actual Cross brand refills are much smoother than the kit refills.

toddlajoie

I'll second the Euro/Designer, probably my favorite style of Cross refill pen. There is also the Trimline. Don't discount modifying the slimline kit either (check the Russ Fairfield Contest, and maybe even look up the pen entries from previous years) to see what can be done with the lowly Slimline.

I am not aware of a transmission that works with the cross refill in any size other than 7mm, but that doesn't mean you couldn't put a 7mm tube in a blank and turn it down to fit inside a larger tube and use it to make a different style of kit...

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I am not aware of a transmission that works with the cross refill in any size other than 7mm, but that doesn't mean you couldn't put a 7mm tube in a blank and turn it down to fit inside a larger tube and use it to make a different style of kit...

I did that very thing to put a Lazerlinez Sierra-sized blank onto a 30-06 Rifle Shell Kit. It worked great, but I forgot to take a picture before I gave it to my BIL for Christmas.

I know - no Pics, didn't happen. :redface:

Ed

plano_harry

If I am going to settle for a Cross - I prefer the PSI Graduate - clean design and adjustable clip. Or go full custom and enter the Russ Fairfield contest like Dan suggested.

Harry

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Is there a list of pen kits by the type of refill used? I've had someone ask me to make a surprising pen for him - only condition he put on it is that it use Cross refills. I know you can do a lot with slimlines, but I don't want to do another one. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Slimline, comfort, creekline, streamline, trimline, concava, touch stylus, designer(euro), designer NT,longwood, graduate, Patrizio, Patrizio Europeo, Metallo Twist, CEO Twist........And more than likely a few more.

bcowin

Slimline, comfort, creekline, streamline, trimline, concava, touch stylus, designer(euro), designer NT,longwood, graduate, Patrizio, Patrizio Europeo, Metallo Twist, CEO Twist........And more than likely a few more.

Hmmm... I really like the look of the concava. And coincidentally I ordered some from you yesterday! Have to check out all the other styles now.

I don't feel ready to mix parts or go kitless yet... But you all have suggested some kits I haven't tried yet, so I still have plenty of options.

Thank you all for the advice.

Now to start making some crazy laminated blanks...

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I want to second the PSI Graduate, that's a sharp looking pen.
It looks to me like the bottom end is the same as the Concava. Silghtly different clip and different centerband on the top end. I suspect that several of the newer 7mm kits share a lot of components...

bcowin

index.php
I want to thank everyone for the suggestions. I went with the Concava in gunmetal. This pen includes pieces of ancient Bog Oak from England and European Beech to represent the recipient's family roots. Also some bits of trees from our high school campus and East Indian Rosewood that doesn't show on this side (he's a rock and roll fan), along with bits and pieces of other woods. I still want to polish it out a bit more, but otherwise, it's done.

It was pretty exciting to work on this, and made me challenge myself. But it's more pressure than I want and I think I would rather make what I feel like making and if someone wants to buy it, fine.
index.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom