kits for Sanford Uni-Ball?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phil Joines

Is there a way to post a pic in the forum messages? I couldn't find one.
Any way, the cartridge is 5 1/16" long. The ink tube is 4 1/2" long and slightly less than 1/4" dia. At the tip end on the tube is a flaired ring and taper 9/32" long. The ring is 1/4" dia. where it buts into the ink tube, then tapers down to the tip. The tip is 3/32" dia, x 3/8" long. The flared ring holds the refill in place, it's captured between the pen body and the pen tip. The pen body is 0.282" dia.x 5/32" long where the tip screws on. The threads are very fine, about 30tpi.

If I can't find a kit that can either be used directly or modified I plan on using a brass tube to reproduce the threaded end of the pen body but I'll have find some in the correct size and make a threading die for it. I would reuse the original pen tip, perhaps plating some in differant metals.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Phil--to post photos, see the home page, upper left hand corner. There are all the details you need to post photos in a message as well as in your album.

Scott

Hi Phil,

There are no kits for the Sanford Uni-Ball. Not yet anyway! I think that particular pen (refill) gets mentioned more than any other as one we wish there was a kit for. It's just a nice writing pen. If you manage to work-up something around this refill, there will be a lot of people interested, including me! Good Luck!

Scott.

Randy_

Do you work for Sanford??[:D] Sure is a lot of trouble to go to when there are plenty of good ink cartridges out there. You are probably going to have a difficult time finding a kit that you can modify to fit that cartridge. The Cross refill is 4.5" long and the Parker refill is a half inch shorter. Going to take some work to add somewhere between 1/2" and 1" to an existing kit to make it work. Not, in any way, trying to discourage you....just pointing out the obvious.

If you think it is worth the effort, then I say, GO FOR IT!!! Let us know how the project turns out.

Dario

Uni-balls write very nicely and are my favorite pens. If you do find any kit please let me know too. I will surely be interested on making some.

That said, rollerballs write almost same way...especially the Schmidt refills [;)]. I like them so much, I bought 200 on the last group buy [:D].

Randy_

Originally posted by Phil Joines<br />I have a customer who wants this particular pen. I think I've figured out how to do it but I'll need a custom threading die.

That's likely to be expensive. Hard to get your cost back if you are only making one pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom