Kits for closed ended pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

I read a couple of great articles in the library area, what a wonderful resource! Thanks very much to the folks who took the time to write all the articles and the administrators for including the section! I have been teaching myself as I go along and this site, it's helpful members and the library has put my work light years ahead of where it was. My pens are now flying out of the shop from word of mouth sales alone. By the way never leave home without one of your pens! The girl who owns the local pizza place has a family member who owns a back country lodge. He ordered several pens to sell in his gift shop, and it all started because I refused to use her Bic!

OK enough rambling my question, which kits work well for closed ended pens? since there is no post the tip has to unscrew, the majestics and art decos dont. Which kits have work well for you?

Thanks again everyone!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

I feel like such a dork!!!! The coupler and tip do unscrew in both the Art deco and the Majestic Jr..........always thought the Art deco would look better without the post! Look for a closed ended version soon!

Still love to hear from you on kit choice or other tips if you have any. I have been investing my sales back into kits but I think it is high time to get a self centering chuck!

Rick P

I really like the look of the Jr Gent, it's on my list for the next order. I'll be sure to check out the Baron as well.

Old Lar

I have done a few and used the baron, tycoon, and vail from beartooth. I also have done an electra cllosed on the post end. I finished two today. May try some pictures tomorrow.

JD Combs Sr

I haven't done very many but the ones I have don't were done using the Churchill style kits. The Golden Nib sells all the individual components for the Churchill or Windsor as they call it. Individual components are OK if you only need a single item or two but to buy all the components you need for a closed end pen costs more then a complete kit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom