Kitless or Trash?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

Made a few tubes using the wrong bushings for the tube the kits go with:frown: so I can not use them as my tubes are made to fit a specific kit.... (Yes, Gary this was bound to happen and YOU KNEW IT!! Just a matter of time before I screwed up, so many damn bushings!!)

My question is can they still be used for the people that go kitless? (kinda like asking who goes topless:biggrin:)

I would HATE I MEAN HATE to toss the hard work that went into making these tubes.. Just curious if I were to sell them as tubes for those who go kitless?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

I would think Kitless folks or anyone who wanted to make their own hardware could work magic with them.

A question is tho, are they generally too small? How would the clay hold up to being cast in clear resin?

Toni

I would think Kitless folks or anyone who wanted to make their own hardware could work magic with them.

A question is tho, are they generally too small? How would the clay hold up to being cast in clear resin?

I have NO IDEA!! :confused: I think creativewriting (Keith) was giving it a try, he posted it in casting...??

Small...not sure how to answer that. I used Statesman tubes with Jr.Gent bushings...does that answer your question? Wow I am really starting to sound like a dumb blond:tongue:

Russianwolf

Small...not sure how to answer that. I used Statesman tubes with Jr.Gent bushings...does that answer your question? Wow I am really starting to sound like a dumb blond:tongue:

The Jr. Gent and Jr. Statesmen use the same tubes and bushings. You wouldn't have been able to use the Jr bushings for a full sized statesman tube.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Sorry guys - this ones spoken for. And it won't be in a Gent, Statesman, junior or senior. May even have to design a special clip for whatever the design is.

Toni

Ok, figured it out what I DID!!

I used Jr. Statesman tubes with Jr.Emperor tubes....few... that makes sense right... I need chocolate now......

CaptG

(Yes, Gary this was bound to happen and YOU KNEW IT!! Just a matter of time before I screwed up, so many damn bushings!!)

:) :biggrin:

CaptG

Chocolate IS on the way. And Jr. Statesman and Jr. Emp. tubes are the same. The upper body bushings on both are the same and the lower body is the same bushing on one end, but different on the other. You may not be as bad off as you think.

Last edited:

Toni

Chocolate IS on the way. And Jr. Statesman and Jr. Emp. tubes are the same. The lower body bushings on both are the same and the upper body is the same bushing on one end, but different on the other. You may not be as bad off as you think.

Yes that is the screw up the longer tubes, because the Jr.Gent tappers and the Jr.Emperor does not...

Tell me I have this right.....PALEASE!!

CaptG

Jr. Emp. does not taper, Jr. Statesman, Jr. Gent. both taper the same. If your tube tapers it is a Jr. statesman or Jr. Gent., if it does not taper, it is a Jr. Emp. I don't think you have a problem other that what to call which tube.

MartinPens

No Worries

Yes that is the screw up the longer tubes, because the Jr.Gent tappers and the Jr.Emperor does not...

Tell me I have this right.....PALEASE!!

Toni, When you can sell a tube - sight unseen - screwed up or not screwed up - you don't have to worry. Your work is such that any tube you do will eventually make it into a pen if the right person gets ahold of it. And it looks like Bruce is the right person.

I would love to know if you have a bulk price for, say, 10 tubes. I know they will sell very well in any display. PM me and let me know.

Martin

PenMan1

Toni...This is a real simple fix. Get some Pr resin, one of charlie's resin saver molds and cast the tubes in PR. This will make the PC really shine, get the pen an embedded look and make the pc more durable. Capt G should be able to cast for you if you don't want to do your own!

johnnycnc

As has been noted, the bushings are different for the Jr Gent and Jr Emperor,
on the lower tube.
The Jr emperor upper (larger tube) is 1mm shorter than the same tube for a Jr Gent II/ Jr Statesman II.
You can interchange these tubes with no ill affects.
Just call it whatever kit you used bushings for.

John

Toni

Everyone that came to the rescue THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have no idea if I screwed up...LOL This is what happens when you work with a sharp blade for 6 days and to many bushings all over your work desk...

workinforwood

You screwed up but not. You made a pen for a JR Gent kit. You wanted it to be for an emporer kit, but because you used Gent bushings, it is a gent kit.

It was lucky how it worked out for you really. For most of us and I'm sure for you soon enough..this will happen again and you may not be so fortunate. Like putting the wrong bushings on the wrong tubes for a cigar pen...that is probably the most common mishap.

ToddMR

If memory serves me right the writing end is 10.5 mm right? If so, do like I did, get the 10mm secret compartment key chain and glue the 10mm tube in there, trim off the end, if needed off the tube, then you will have a shorter key chain that still looks good. I did this exact thing with a 10.5 mm kit I had problems with on a WS II kit.

On cigar kits this works great since the key chain uses 10mm tubes as well. I have done that to recover the blanks and still being able to use them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom