Kit slightly loose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

I bought a already made blank named "Picasso" It's tube is for the Mesa (sierra) Pen Kit. Yet it fits loosely in my Berea Elegant Beauty Kit. Both the top and the bottom has a loose fit. Most important is the top I can pull the top of the pen easily out of the blank and brass tube.

By the Way This blank is beautiful!! What's why I bought it.

What can I do from my end to make this blank work with my berea Elegant beauty kits ?

1 idea is to take a swirl of CA glue to the inside of the brass tube to reduce the diameter of the tube.

Is there any other ideas? thanks

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I have found that the Mesa (Mainland China) kits have tubes that are a couple thousands smaller than the Sierra and others. I always try to check the fit of the tube before the glue is opened and applied. I use thick CA for tube insertion and, unless the tube fits tight, it works well (CA cures in the absence of oxygen). If excessive heat is incured during squaring the CA will soften and release the tube causing one to frown and requiring the application of adult beverages. Cleaning the ends of the tubes interior is a must, use an Exacto knife and it's easy. JMHO
WB

PenMan1

Bill:
CA glue is not a good option at these joints. Even if you manage to apply it without making a huge mess, the CA will eventually cause the plating to fog.

If the fit is too loose for Red Loctite thread compound to hold it together, 5 minute epoxy would be my next selection.

Top Bottom