Kit question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

Does anybody know if any of the slim or medium kits have the action like the Cigar pen? My wife likes the double twist and how it has a positive locking feel when you extend it fully. The only thing is she doesn't like how big they are.
TIA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Try any of the "Double-twist" pens. I prefer the American Flat Top Double-Twist from Berea, but there are a large number of other kits with this feature, including the Olympia from www.arizonasilhouette.com .

WoodChucker

Try one of the Atlas or Patriot pens, there not as big and have a nice twist action to um. They look and feel much better in the hand then they do in the pics. I think CSUSA still has them on sale for 25% off too. [:)]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Berea's Round Top European is a nice double twist also... very smooth action...
Here is the trick for lining up the grain on the top and bottom...
Assemble the bottom of the pen without the mechanism holder...
Assemble the top of the pen completely...
Push the mechanism holder into the bottom of the pen just enough so that it is there, but not seated... you need to be able to take it out again...
Then put the refill into the pen and twist the bottom onto the cap... you will feel the mechanism turn in each direction to extend the refill.. twist the bottom so that the refill is fully retracted and look at the grain... if it is not matched, pull the bottom off the mechanism holder without twisting it.. kind of a wiggle movement.. then match the grains and push the bottom back onto the mechanism holder just enough to hold it in place and allow you to unscrew it... press the mecanism holder into place to complete the assembly... this will match the grain with the refill retracted...
Sounds a lot more complicated than it really is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom