Kit identification help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wardenclyff

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and new to turning.

I got a bunch of kits at a garage sale and have been looking them up and finding the right drill and bearing sizes.

I have three kits that I cannot identify from any of the charts/sites.

The three all are in Woodcraft bags and they contain multiple individual kits.

Numbers are:
12896A
12666A
12333C
Is anyone familiar with these and could tell me what they are or what bearings I need?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

A picture of the pen parts would be helpful. Those numbers do not show anything on the woodcraft website. I did find what Jack just posted but not sure it is what you have. Must be older kits. Is the woodcraft label on top of another label? if so, try peeling off the woodcraft label and see what is under it. Woodcraft resells mostly Berea kits.

you can make the pens without bushings. Turn them between and live and dead center and us calipers to match the pen barrel ends with the pen parts.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Last edited:

Wardenclyff

Photos of kits

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Thanks for the help.

ToddS

This comment will have to be cross checked by the masters of this site, as they have far more experience with this than I do, but when looking at the "C" model this almost looks like a Woodcraft "European" kit. I've only put a few of these together so I'm basing it off of memory. I'm not in a spot with good internet connection right now, otherwise I'd check my guesstimate. I'm at my local Woodcraft quite a bit and I remember the manager saying something about Woodcraft having a bunch of item number revisions over the last couple of years. Maybe that's why it's not coming up?

Ambidex

Here's what I'm guessing...emphasis on guessing...check it out yourself and see if you agree. Then go to Woodcraft site for kit and bushing info.

12896A=Click Pencil Kit gold...128960
12666A=Navigator Screw Cap RB Cobalt Gold...146018
12333C=Slim Style Pencil Kit Woodcraft Gold with Black Stripe...123335(clip should have a black stripe)

Last edited:

its_virgil

#1 and #3 are slimline pencils and the instructions Jack's link will work on both.
#2 is the screw cap rollerball and Jack's link to the instructions will also work. It is not the navigator rollerball.
Don

Top Bottom