kind of a wacky idea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gpadgham

So I got an email from CSUSA with their specials, etc. One of things they had was a link to a "thread chasing howto." I've never done any thread chasing personally, and I don't have the tools to do it either (yet).

It got me thinking though... Picture this:

A slimline pen kit, turned a bit thicker than the average kit, the upper and lower barrel are threaded, except maybe for the area next to the tip so writing is comfortable. Make what appears to be a wooden nut for a center band, and maybe make a couple of small real wooden nuts to spin onto the barrels of the pen just to play with when your bored and sitting in a meeting? Might be kind of interesting. Not sure how attractive it would be, but probably certianly unique. It would be cool if you could do something creative so that as you spin the nut on the pen, the point would extend and retract.

Just a fun idea I thought it might be fun to explore with everyone :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chuck Key

Originally posted by gpadgham
<br />
It got me thinking though... Picture this:

A slimline pen kit, turned a bit thicker than the average kit, the upper and lower barrel are threaded, except maybe for the area next to the tip so writing is comfortable. Make what appears to be a wooden nut for a center band, and maybe make a couple of small real wooden nuts to spin onto the barrels of the pen just to play with when your bored and sitting in a meeting?

Just a fun idea I thought it might be fun to explore with everyone :)

http://www.turtlewoodworks.com/provogallery/ss02.jpg

jenamison

If your interested in doing your own, you might be interested in www.bealltool.com website. I also looked into doing this and probably will at some point. It appears to be fairly easy and I "THINK" doing it with the Beall Tools it might be easier than with a thread chaser tool. Have fun and by the way, great idea.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom