Kaweco Conversion - Retrofit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

Some of you may recall the recent group buy conducted by Bill Jackman. Bill found a source for the Kaweco ink roller that was shown recently by TxBob in this thread:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15928

TxBob's conversion involved making a pen to fit the Kaweco ink roller parts.

In this conversion, I have modified the Kaweco parts to fit some of the pen kits we commonly uses. This conversion can be used with the Jr Gent versions 1 & 2, Junior Emperor/Baron/Navigator pens, the Panache and possibably others. It can be done when the pen is made or as in this example as a retrofit to an existing pen.

The mod involves a small adjustment to the feeder housing.

The first picture shows conventional fountain pen setups in the background and the ink roller conversion in the front.

<center>
2006861470_KAW1.jpg

</center>

The second picture show the retrofit of the ink roller mod to a pen made several month ago.

<center>
20068614739_KAW2.jpg

</center>

It will be interesting to view some of the other mods made using the Kaweco parts.

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbob

Nice work, Chuckie! I hadn't thought of doing mods like that. Now I'll have to give it a try.

How do you like the way the Kaweco pen writes?

TxBob &lt;-- Still learnin' turnin'

baldysm

I have made a pen using a very similar part called a Rollink. Same basic concept.

The problem is that the Rollink part wears out quickly, so my concern would be the same for the Kaweco parts.

If they are built to last many years, I'll buy some. If not, I'm not interested.

Chuck Key

txbob

How do you like the way the Kaweco pen writes?

Vey smooth writer. Best I have have used in a long time.

Vick

I just got my package yesterday.

Got mine in the mail yesterday (Saturday) about 2 o'clock. Mod was completed about 3 [:D]

Scott

If they are built to last many years, I'll buy some. If not, I'm not interested.

Which Rollink are you using? Only one I could find on the net was by Fischer at about $40.00. I would not even try a conversion with that one. If you took a picture of it I would like to see it.

Thanks for the comments!

Chuckie

baldysm

I'm not sure of the brand name of the Rollink tips. I have heard that Swisher Pens imported them for awhile, but no longer does.

The tip that I use is shown here : http://justwrite.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=109&products_id=355

I think I paid $9 for it.

Below is a pic of the pen I made with the Rollink. I converted it to a regular roller ball and that image is in rollerballs at www.onlyonecreations.com. It was a pain to adopt to a custom pen, as it has square threads.

200686232722_gold1.jpg

bjackman

Scott,
Swisher sells these Kaweco inkballs too. Same thing as we got, and really, not at a significantly better price w/all things considered.
I have been considering using noodlers eel type lubricating inks in these to try to extend their writing lifespan. Swisher sells it in a nice blue I think I would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom