k body clamps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sandking

Look here. Woodcraft has the 12" on sale for $19 and I think they still have free shipping.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5903

2006122216128_bessey.jpg
<br />

carverken

the clamps are made by Bessey. They are supposed to be parralel. The originals are red in color and fairly expensive. they just came out with a gray one that is cheaper. they are available at Woodcraft and many of the big box stores HD and Lowes. There are others that are similar - jurgensen and the like.
happy hunting
K

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
JOrgensen parallel bar clamps also called cabinet masters are far superior to Bessys and they are made here in the U.S. by the Adjustable Clamp Company.
They are known for thier "pony" pipe clamps.

BigRob777

I have 8 of them, ranging in lengths from 24" to 8'. It is a great clamp for equal pressure in clamping. It's called parallel, because it doesn't rack to one side, like a pipe clamp does. Most clamps pivot on the pressure point, but those k bodies resist that inclination. Mine are all Bessey (orange).

Merry Christmas,
Rob

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />I have 8 of them, ranging in lengths from 24" to 8'. It is a great clamp for equal pressure in clamping. It's called parallel, because it doesn't rack to one side, like a pipe clamp does. Most clamps pivot on the pressure point, but those k bodies resist that inclination. Mine are all Bessey (orange).

Merry Christmas,
Rob
BEssy are red
Jorgys are orange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom