Just When I Though I'd Finished...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I find a problem.

I had just completed the second antler Jr. Gent of a small order from a returning customer. I went to screw the pen body into the cap when, to my surprise, the pen gets stuck about halfway into the cap.

The pen can be closed, it just gets a little stuck, you can still push it closed and screw it on. I don't want to sell this pen to the client in this way. I would not want my pen getting stuck every time i tried to close it, and I will not sell the pen in this manner.

Can anyone help? I know might be hard to understand, I did my best explaining it. Any help is appreciated, my client is expecting his pen on Thursday, and I don't want to disappoint him.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Without seeing it all I could suggest is disassemble it and verify all parts are not flawed and reassemble being sure of the process. Sorry, not much help but all I can suggest.

jskeen

Sounds to me like the top of the black plastic threaded insert is a little too small. You might try some different nibs if you have them and see if a particular one will work better. There have been several different styles of nibs for the jr series roller ball pens, often with the same finish. If you find one that works, somebody might have one in the finish you need they would be willing to trade. Beyond that, you are probably going to have to disassemble the cap, and ream the top of the insert open a little more. I would not try to do it from the bottom, as it would be difficult to do without damaging the threads.

James

jimbob91577

I'd check to make sure some glue didn't get stuck to the inside of your tube - this has happened to me more than once. I've resorted to using a long bladed knife to remove it.

Texatdurango

Can someone explain to me how you get the cap off, preferably without ruining it?

The client is expecting his pen tomorrow!

Need help fast.

I take a Harbor Freight transfer punch which is just small enough to pass through the plastic threads and while holding the cap in my hand, rap the table quick and hard several times. This should knock the end cap off. Then grab a larger punch that will just fit inside the tube, turn the cap upside down and repeat the process to knock the plastic sleeve and end coupler off.

If you don't have any transfer punches, hop in the car, I'm just a five hour drive away and have a complete set of punches! I'll leave the porch light on :)

Top Bottom