Just Wanted to say thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

I haven't officially become a pen turner, but I posted that I purchased a lathe Saturday. I also said I won't be able to turn anything for a while due to honey-do's and no money to buy kits or blanks.

One person Pm'd me and offered to send me some blanks, and another offered to send me the bushings I needed for the one pen kit I did manage to purchase.

I just have to say I'm overwhelmed with the generousity of these people and wanted to publicly say thank you to them and to IAP as well.

:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USAFVET98

I would be happy to send you over a few slimline kits and some blanks if you want. Just pm me your address. When I first started, everyone here was and still is very generous. They are all good people. I am a firm believer in pay-it-forward.

Have fun with it.
Brian

I haven't officially become a pen turner, but I posted that I purchased a lathe Saturday. I also said I won't be able to turn anything for a while due to honey-do's and no money to buy kits or blanks.

One person Pm'd me and offered to send me some blanks, and another offered to send me the bushings I needed for the one pen kit I did manage to purchase.

I just have to say I'm overwhelmed with the generousity of these people and wanted to publicly say thank you to them and to IAP as well.

:biggrin:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Justin,

After you get a few pens under your belt and learn some things from experience, we do expect you to pass this information (and maybe a few blanks as well as kits) along to others, who in turn will be thankful for your help.

Your post is appreciated! :biggrin:

jleiwig

Justin,

After you get a few pens under your belt and learn some things from experience, we do expect you to pass this information (and maybe a few blanks as well as kits) along to others, who in turn will be thankful for your help.

Your post is appreciated! :biggrin:
I plan on it!

My hope is to do some custom pens for my wife's annual gala ( she works for a non-profit that cares for special needs individuals from birth until death). They have a silent auction every year that the proceeds go towards the care of their clients and paying salaries. Obviously with the down economy it's harder to meet the needs of so many special needs children. I'm hoping that my skills will be up to par by then to turn some of the autism puzzle pens from Lou, and donate some other pens as well to garner lots of money.

I also have my eyes on a breast cancer survivor pink pen for a friend at work who just recovered from breast cancer recently.

After I get all my donation ideas out of my head I would like to eventually sell a pen or two too!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I think you'll find that's not unusual in this group. It's one of the reasons I
hang around here. Well, that and the fact that they don't charge me rent..

jleiwig

I think you'll find that's not unusual in this group. It's one of the reasons I
hang around here. Well, that and the fact that they don't charge me rent..

Yup..and as soon as I have some money I'll be picking up one of your label casting molds. I've got some wild stuff I plan to cast.

Top Bottom