Just a Thought

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenlholley

Just when making my pens stats to get a little boring, something like this happens. I sold a pen with an EMT star decal on it on E-bay. Nothing special, until I heard from the buyer.

The pen is for her son, a special needs child who loves EMTs. She told me his story, how he had a major heart defect at birth and she was told he wouldn't live to his fifth birthday. Well the pen was her gift to him on his 34th birthday. When my son-in law, he's an EMT, heard the story, he gave me an EMT patch to send with the pen. He loved both the pen and the patch. Said he's going to use it to sign all his papers at his Doctor visits. He also wrote me to tell me that I was his personal pen maker.

Kind of gives new meaning to making a pen. Makes me realize how blessed I am to have five healthy kids and 4 healthy grand kids.

Just a thought. Sorry for rambling.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rink

That's a great story. We never know who we might impact with the routine things we do every day.

jttheclockman

That is one of those uplifting stories. It is true you never know who you will impact with such a simple gift. Along with it you gained some fond memories. Thanks for sharing.

Fish30114

I find it an uplifting story too, I was in an incident at a Hospital 3 1/2 years ago, and they told my wife an parents several times that I wasn't gonna make it through the day. After making it anyway, I notice so much more that we take for granted, and am amazed by the small things we do, that have a huge impact on folks.

Thanks for the share.

Magicbob

Great story.
I love how a hobby that makes us smile and feel good while we are doing it can also bring joy to others. And sometimes we even get paid for doing it.

Top Bottom