Is it just me? FP question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

.Ok tell me if anyone else noticed this. There was a post a few days ago about a customer wanting a "med nib" for a FP because he thought it was a broad. I have 3 kits in my shop right now. The Churchill, the Gentleman & the El-Toro. I finished off a new pen for myself last night, a nice little marron crushed velevet Churchill. I swapped the nib itself from the El-Toro because it was a two-tone (no, it was not damaged, I have done this many times) and it was very wide & wet, so I swapped back in the Churchill nib, same problem! This morning I hijacked the two-tone nib from my Gentleman and it is a nice normal nib with. Is this normal, does the Berea kits run larger on nib size? For me, the 2 Berea nibs were "too wide" Compared to the notes taken eairler in the day with my Jr.Statesman the line is seriously twice as wide with the same ink.

Ernie tells me that the replacement nibs are two-tone so a fine nib should fix this, but I just found it rather strange that these 2 Berea kits are so wide & wet. (BTW, these 2 kits were bought from BB)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
It is possible that the kit manufacturer changed suppliers. European nibs are well-known for being about one "size" wider than Asian nibs, i.e. a European medium is about the same as a Japanese broad. The next time you visit a pen shop, try a Pelikan and a Namiki in medium. The difference will amaze you.

bjackman

I've also found the line produced by any of the smaller nibbed pens, baron, jr gent/statesman, executive, etc, etc to give a finer and dryer line than that from the larger nibbed kits.
Speaking of course in very general terms and refering to the standard nibs that come in the kits, not different size replacements.

gerryr

I have a Churchill FP that I bought a fine nib for just for fun and to see how I liked it. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the medium and fine nibs. They both seem a bit broader than the 14K nib on my Baron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom