Just an idea...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4knf

Anyone try to make a cigar pen with a paper message wraped around the tube and then cast in clear poly (similar to snake skin warped around the tube)

I was thinking this could be nice for newly weds or those leaving a job(could print the date on the paper insert) Could also have a small poem, bible verse or message for everyone to see.

I know this is prolly not a new idea but if anyone has tried it let me see your work. Also, if you know any pit falls to avoid - SPEAK UP! Thx!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

I don't know if you could do that without it looking like a Wal-Mart pen. Most people who do that kind of thing, have their pens laser engraved which produces a very nice looking result.

Don't mean to discourage you......go ahead and try it and see what you can come up with. You might develop a great new technique.

Someone did a flag pen made from paper but I don't remember what finish they used. Don't think it was cast tho. Just recently I saw a photo used of a golf course. Even think Eagle made one from newspaper. The message idea is worth a try but would probably be too expensive for mass production

Butcher

Check out this thread.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16084

I have some friends that are big time hockey fans and think I will try this with their favorite team logos and hockey stick clips.

Bob A

I believe it was Ed Davidson (YoYoSpin) that made the flag pens. His pens inspired me to make a Kansas City Chiefs Pen and a Missouri Tiger Pen. Both were well liked by many but no one wanted to buy them. So I pretty muched shelved the idea until my brother saw them and wants me to make a Steeler pen for him.

I think when I get around to doing it that I am going to look for some self adhesive printing labels to use as glueing the paper onto the tube got quite messy.

coach

I made a texas flag pen from a printout cast in PR. I had one come out good and it sold immediately. I could never get another one to come out. It made me so frustrated, I have not touched PR since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom