Just Curious

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

about what are the most unique materials, (natural, not manmade), that you have made a pen from? I have used some burls, the most unique have been pine cones and corn cobs, and deer antler.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Gator, Pre Ban Ivory, Giraffe, Whale fin, Water Buffalo horn, Mammoth, abalone shell, snake skin, Lizard skin, walrus tusk. I'm sure there are others but these came to mind.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have done Sego Palm base, Tasajillo Cactus, all types of unknown at the time Central Texas bushes and LVL lumber. If you count stuff cast in resin; Prickly Pear Cactus, Cat Crap, acorn bases, peach seed, pecan shells, peanut shells, gar skin, real turquoise, Texas Bluebonnets, rose petal, wild flowers, and cedar bark to name a few.

SteveG

Ancient Russian (Ukraine) Bog Oak, accompanied by a "Carbon Dated" 5000+ year old dating certification, with original signature of a local Russian official who was no doubt bribed or paid off or indisposed (due to excess amounts of Vodka consumed), or all of the above.

Steve

jcm71

did the pen grow when you polished it?

Bull penis.

I've made three out of Pizzles (Bully Sticks) which are processed bull penis. I donated one to the workers' raffled at a a dog agility contest. A lot of people wanted it. I have two on display when I do a show. People invariably pick them up out of curiosity. I give them three guesses on what it is made of. The only things that grow is their eyes when I tell them.

Top Bottom