Just another corn cob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

THis is for the owner of the store who bought my first official order.
When I was delivering the order a customer bought a CC pen that was already "spoken"for.

Corncob stabilized with Bondo "rotted wood"hardner in a vacuum
Modified slimline,dyed with Sharpies(only green and purple don't ask where the color comes from I have no control over it).
Ebony center ring.,CA finish

Image Insert:
20049104813_ruffcoblinda.jpg

11.27 KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darbytee

Really nice looking pen. I've been wanting to try a CC pen ever since the first one I saw, but have no idea how to prep it. Have you done an article on these or is there one already on here that I haven't found yet? I understand that it has to be stabilized, but I don't have a vacuum setup. Also, what is your technique with the Sharpies? Have I asked enough questions yet?
-Fred

mike_l

I too would be interested in the technique you used with the sharpies. Did you get that color from only two sharpies?
By the way, great pen.
Mike L

G

There was a discussion about CC pens in a thread I posted last week
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=875

tipusnr

If you go to this site's home page and click on "More Articles" you will find a fairly full description of how to make a corn cob pen at the bottom of the page.

Doghouse

You have to remember that not all ink's are the same. One way to tell the "bleeding" effects of a pen is to do a test run.

I don't remember the technical term for the type of paper, but any paper that wicks well will work. (High cotton content)

On the middle of the strip of paper, put a good blob of ink. The paper should be a strip not the whole sheet.
Dip the end of the paper in alcohol. As it is absorbed, you will see the colors seporate and form waves up the paper. A cool trick to show children that colors are made from colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom